In-House Lab and available Reference Send-out Labs for our patients
Our in-house laboratory is used for routine visits, as well as urgent cases and critically ill patients. We have a full in-house laboratory complete with fecal centrifugation, CBC analyzer, Chemistry analyzer, Urine analyzer, Sedivue, Alpha-trax glucose monitor, multiple microscopes, Dif-Quik staining for cytology, digital X-ray machine (for small animal, large animal and dental radiographs), EKG and ultrasound.
Wellness screenings, complete blood counts, and certain chemistry profiles, such as progesterone (P4) and SDMA levers, are performed in-house. An outside laboratory is also utilized for routine full blood panels, specialty tests and a variety of other diagnostic tests, including pathology reviews.
Pre–operative bloodwork can be done the day of a surgical procedure for the owner’s convenience or sent out ahead of the procedure if the doctor recommends it.
Common lab procedures include:
- Periodic liver checks for dogs taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Lab checks every six months for cats with hyperthyroidism.
- Lab checks every six months for dogs on medication for hypothyroidism.
- Lab checks for other diseases such as Cushing’s Disease, Addison’s Disease and epilepsy require periodic bloodwork to check levels.
- A glucose curve is done for diabetes. Pets are dropped off in the morning and serial blood glucose levels are checked throughout the day to compare blood sugar levels to the related amount of insulin given. After the initial glucose curve, follow up ones are performed every three months.
For more information, please call us at (574) 234-3098.